what does a doula offer?
- Up to 3 prenatal visits to get to know each other, review your birth preferences, and practice comfort techniques.
- Assistance with creating a birthing plan if desired.
- Prenatal phone support and e-mailsupport (because the process of childbirth starts at conception!)
- Physical (non-medical) support during labor and birth, including beneficial positioning, massage, and breathing Techniques.
- Emotional birth support utilizing comforting, affirming, and relaxation techniques – involving your partner as much as possible – not replacing them!
- Taking photo’s during the birth, if desired.
- Postpartum at least one visit to review your experience and gain your valuable feedback.